ROSA CAMPILLO CELADO
Ms. Rosa Campillo began her work as an associate of Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti in 1983, and became a partner in charge of the Department of Intellectual Property in 1992.
Ms. Campillo has developed a solid practice in intellectual property law, international law and related topics, which is why she is highly qualified to help local and foreign clients doing business in the Dominican Republic.
During her career, Ms. Rosa Campillo has been Legal Advisor of the Ministry of External Relations of the Dominican Republic (1962 – 1983) and has been a professor of International Law at the National University Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), since 1975, and in several universities, such as: APEC, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), Catholic University of Santo Domingo (UCSD) and School of the Chancellery of the Dominican Republic.
Recently, Ms. Campillo has been recommended as “Senior Statesperson” by Chambers and Partners, a world’s leading provider of legal research. Our clients are quick to point out to Chambers and Partners that Rosa Campillo Celado “was the pioneer for IP in the Dominican Republic.” She continues advise clients, with one source highlighting “her ability and enormous experience,” while another states: “We work with her because of her global vision.” She has also been recommended by Legal 500 Latin America as “Leading Individual” defined as true market leader in her sector.
- Universidad de Santo Domingo (JD, 1962)
- Universidad de Madrid, Spain (Economic Development Courses, 1968)
- United Nations Office in Genova (International Law Courses, 1972)
- Academia Diplomática Andrés Bello, Chile, 1975
- Universidad de Rio de Janeiro, 1977 (International Law Courses)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) since 1983;
- and International Trademark Association (INTA) since 1984;
- Asociación Hispano-Luso-Americana de Derecho Internacional (IHLADI);
- National Association of Women Lawyers.
- Dominican Bar Association since 1966;
- Dominican Association of Business Lawyer;
- Notaries Bar Association.
- Índice Anotado de la Colección de Tratados de la República Dominicana, 1984.
- Los Signos Distintivos. Las Marcas de Fábrica.
- ¿Cómo combatir la piratería intelectual? FINJUS, 1998.
- Derecho de los Tratados e Índice Anotado de la Colección de Tratados de la República Dominicana, 1999.
English, Spanish and French.