LUIS HEREDIA VALENZUELA
Luis Heredia Valenzuela has participated and assisted in multiple cases and transactions in the following areas of practice: Administrative Law, Civil Aeronautics Law, Corporate, Real Estate, Tax Law, Maritime Law, Monetary Issues, Foreign Exchange and Banking Law, Insurance Law, Environmental, Mining, Telecommunications and Tourism.
He has been Involved in the negotiations, management and elaboration of documents leading to contracts and awards of mining, agro industrial and telecommunications concessions; preparation of civil and commercial documents and contracts, both local and international; drafting of Joint Venture and Investment Agreements; M & A, legal audits and opinions in corporate matters; Foreign Investments; Real Estate Matters; Legal advise and assistance in banking, monetary, tax, insurance and environmental matters to foreign entities and investors; Local and International litigation. Mr. Valenzuela is also Legal Advisor for the Mining and Petroleum Chamber of the Dominican Republic, Inc.
He has also been recommended by Legal 500 Latin America, in the areas of Corporate and finance, Dispute resolution and Real estate and tourism.
- University of Wisconsin (American Law and Legal Institutions, 1983)
- Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (LL. B., Cum Laude, 1989)
- Law Center of Georgetown University (LL. M. in Common Law Studies, 1993)
- Dominican Bar Association (1989)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Inter-American Bar Association (IABA)
- Dominican Association of Business Lawyers.
- “Some deficiencies and Illegalities in the Monetary and Foreign Exchange Rate Legislation of the Dominican Republic.”, 1989.
- “The Principle of Freedom of Contract in the EC Law and The Dominican Republic Law”, 1993.
Spanish and English.