GEORGES SANTONI RECIO
Georges Santoni-Recio has worked all his professional career at RV&HB, starting as a law clerk in 1980, becoming a partner in 1990, and then managing partner in 2000, position which he still holds. He has developed a strong practice in foreign investment law, international trade and related matters. He is also a practicing litigator, specializing in general civil and commercial litigation. Because of his fluency in English and French, in addition to his native Spanish, Mr. Santoni-Recio is especially well qualified to assist foreign clients in their business and litigation matters in the Dominican Republic.
- Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña, (LL. B., Cum Laude, 1982)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Certificate in United States Law & Legal Institutions (Summer of 1983)
- L’Universite de Droit, d’Economie et de Sciences Sociales de Paris (D. S. U., Commercial Law, 1984)
- Dominican Bar Association (1983).
- The International Association of Lawyers.
- Board of Directors of the Center for Research and Study of Business Law.
- Dominican Association of Business Lawyers.
- Institutionally and Justice Foundation, Inc. (FINJUS).
- Board of Directors of the Acción para la Educación Básica, Inc. (EDUCA) – dedicated to the improvement of public education in the Dominican Republic.
- Board of Directors and Coordinator for Latin America of Meritas Law Firms Worldwide.
- Board of Directors of the Dominican-French Chamber of Commerce.
- American Chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic.
- Chamber of Commerce and Production of Santo Domingo, Inc.
- Arbitrator of the Chamber of Conciliation and Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Production of Santo Domingo, Inc.
- Dominican-Panamanian Chamber of Commerce.
- Associate Member of the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA).
- Inter-American Bar Association (IABA).
Georges Santoni-Recio has written extensively in the fields of agency and distributorship law, foreign investment and companies law, including: “Changes in Securities Regulations; Applicability in the Privatization of State-Owned Enterprises,” for Cedempresa Law Review,; “Agency and Distribution Agreements in Dominican Republic” Butterworths Treatise;”Le Statut de Protection des Agents et Distributeurs, Revue St. Domingue Affaires,” ; the Dominican Chapter for the “International Encyclopedia of Agency and Distribution Agreements”, Co-author of “A practical guide for the incorporation of Dominican companies” for Corporate UK and Globe Law and Business.
English, Spanish and French.