ROMÁN MEDINA DIPLAN
Dr. Medina has concentrated his law practice in the areas of foreign investment, Corporate, Real Estate and Tourism. He worked as a law clerk in the Washington, DC offices of Russin & Vecchi in 1992, and since the year 1993 has been the Managing Partner of the Puerto Plata Office of Russin Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti (www.rvhb.com), one of the leading firms of the Dominican Republic in Business Law. During his long career, Dr. Medina has accumulated vast experience in the areas of foreign investment law, contracts, corporate, real estate, tourism, casinos and tax incentives. He has been the legal advisor for a number of real estate developers and touristic projects, negotiating purchases of real estate properties as well as obtaining the permits and licenses required for the construction and operation of real estate and tourism projects.
He has been recognized by Chambers Latin America (www.chambersandpartners.com) as one of the leading attorneys in Real Estate and Tourism in the Dominican Republic. The Legal 500 (www.legal500.com) has reported that his clients praise him for his honesty, charisma, knowledge and language skills and the publication “Who’s Who of Legal Central America 2016 of Latin Lawyers” (www.latinlawyer.com) has reported that Mr. Medina is recommended for his quick grasp of complex issues.
Roman Medina Diplan obtained a Law Degree (JD) from Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD) in 1987, an LLM in International Legal Studies, concentration on International Trade, from the Washington College of Law, The American University and a Post Graduate in Commercial and Corporate Law from Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), among other studies in the area of business law.
- Dominican Bar Association since (1987);
- Director of the Puerto Plata Chapter of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic -AMCHAM-DR (www.amcham.org.do);
- Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce and Production of Puerto Plata, Inc. – CCPPP – (www.camarapuertoplata.org);
- Cluster Turístico del Destino Puerto Plata – CTDPP- (discoverpuertoplata.com);
- Centro de Resolución Alternativa de Controversias of the CCPPP;
- Legal Committee of the Asociacion de Hoteles y Turismo de la República Dominicana -ASONAHORES- (www.asonahores.com).
He has collaborated with various local and international specialized magazines, writing articles on the legal aspects of purchasing real estate and investment incentives in the tourism sector.
Spanish and English.